Rumford Fireplaces have a different configuration than a conventional fireplace, and the sizing methodology for logs is also different. With conventional gas log sets, the set size is based on the largest log in the set (the set’s nominal width). However, with Rumford Gas Logs, the sizing is based on the width of the fireplace, based on the Traditional Rumford Fireplace Dimensions listed below.
Traditional Rumford Fireplaces have a wide front, narrow back, shallow depth and a height nearly as tall or taller than its width. They have a unique aerodynamic throat and smoke chamber that create greater efficiency than traditional fireplace designs. The shallow back and steeply angled sides effectively radiate more heat into the room than a conventional fireplace. Traditional gas log sets will not fit properly due to this steep taper. Also, most Rumford Fireplaces are vertically oriented (taller than their width), so a vertically oriented log stack is a better design fit for the opening.
• Rasmussen has designed two Tipi stacks to fit within the Traditional Rumford Fireplace Dimensions listed below.
• Rasmussen has also created the “Andiron Classic” concept for Rumfords. Learn more at http://rasbox.com/questions.php?questionid=94
• Model numbers for the Rumford Log Sets are keyed to Traditional Rumford Fireplace Dimensions shown below, not the size of the logs.
• These Tipi sets are intended for use with the Tipi/Andiron Burner (“TNA” and “TNA-E” models). These burners are sized to fit within the rear width of the Traditional Rumford Fireplaces.
• These sets may be used in fireplaces with more standard tapers and depths, but you may need to step up to the next size and/or add individual logs in order to satisfactorily fill the fireplace opening. Please contact Rasmussen if you need sizing and product selection assistance for fireplaces with dimensions that differ from those below.
Traditional Rumford Fireplace Dimensions
[table id=2 /]
Retiring Tipi (RF-R) Short Vertically Stacked Logs for use with TNA burners.
[table id=1 /]
Rumford Tipi (RF-T) Tall Vertically Stacked Logs for use with TNA burners.
[table id=3 /]
More information on Rumford Fireplace design can be found at www.rumford.com
Information on the “Andiron Classic” concept may be found at http://rasbox.com/questions.php?questionid=94